August 26, 2020

The Refuge is monitoring information from the federal and local health officials in regards to safety during COVID. Our Staff continues to provide clean and sanitized accommodations for our guests.


June 4, 2020

Refuge Family Preparations for Summer Camp 2020

Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we prepare for camp. At the Refuge, our top priority is the health and safety of our campers and staff.   Below lays out what we need families to do in order to keep camp safe this summer. All staff, volunteers and campers must bring signed Refuge COVID-19 Waiver CLICK HERE and 3 Day Pre-Camp Health Screening Form to camp on opening day CLICK HERE & 


If you have a child at a higher-risk of severe illness:

  • Speak with your child’s medical provider to assess their risk –
  • Higher risk individuals as defined by the CDC: CLICK HERE
  • Monitor your camper’s health daily including symptoms and temperatures.  (Symptoms: CLICK HERE)
  • CLICK HERE for the 3 Day Pre-Camp Health Screening Form. Bring this completed form to camp on opening day.
  • Limit trips to highly populated areas
  • Practice social distancing, mask wearing, and wash hands frequently

General camp packing list can be found HERE

  • Pack your campers items in under the bed storage bins (see here) and other easy to carry containers that can be wiped down
  • Pack two sets of bedding (in addition to sleeping bags)
  • Pack all toiletries in a caddy or container (example here)
  • Bring the signed Refuge COVID-19 WAIVER found HERE
  • Stay in your vehicle and camp staff will check your family in
  • Participate in initial camper health screening
  • Turn in the 3 day pre-screening form
  • Campers will place and keep their items only in designated area in their cabin
  • Parents will not be allowed into cabins only campers and staff

Refuge COVID-19 Procedures 

Here are some of the new things we’ll be doing this summer to help prevent the spread of germs at camp:

  • Restrooms will be cleaned multiple times a day
  • Cabins and buildings will be cleaned by trained staff members
  • Cleaning products used will be those recommended by the EPA
  • Staff will lead small group demonstrations on the best practices to prevent spread (hand-washing and sanitizing, social distancing, coughing etiquette and camps COVID-19 policies)
  • Campers, staff & volunteers will undergo daily screening to check temperatures and symptoms presented due to any illness
  • Will maintain at least 48 inches beds and sleep “head-to-toe” (top bunk has the head to one end, the bottom bunk has the person’s head at opposite end)
  • Each camper needs to bring a refillable water bottle to camp
  • Day campers should bring (1) face mask and overnight campers should bring (2) face masks for indoor use
  • Parents will not be able to enter into cabins at camper drop off or pick up
  • Day campers will be dropped off after health screening and parents must stay inside their vehicle
  • The Refuge will communicate any health concerns at camp to families

For further questions or information please explore the following links:

COVID-19 Info


May 13th, 2020

We are planning, preparing and praying for our summer camps.  A few adjustments have been made to the original schedule.  We have pushed back summer camp starting by one week & moved Erasing the Lines to July.  Also, this summer we will not be able to hold our Autism and Leadership Camps.

Our refund policy allows you to have confidence that to secure your spot by registering and paying a deposit for the session you prefer.

Refund Policy – If you must cancel your registration or if camp must cancel a camp or session, our refund policy states you will receive a FULL REFUND minus a small processing fee to cover expense that the Refuge incurs for registration ($15/day camp or $25/overnight camp).

Thanks for your support, patience and flexibility.


The mission still remains the same as we seek to share and model the hope of Jesus Christ.

~ Sammy

April 28th, 2020

Currently, The Refuge is still praying and hoping for a full summer camp season. We will continue to evaluate our decision with guidance from federal and local health officials. Our Staff have put together a plan B option that we are ready to implement if we need to move back the start of our summer camp season a few weeks. A decision will be made in early May as to whether we will proceed as planned or revise our summer schedule.

The mission still remains the same as we seek to share and model the hope of Jesus Christ.

~ Sammy